As you all know I am on Operation: Temple Maintenance, I decided that stuffed peppers is the way to go for this week's meal prep.
Prep Time 20 minutes Cook 1 hour Ready In 1 hour 20 minutes
- 4 Chicken Breast
- 1 Can of Black Beans
- 1 Pack of Provolone Cheese
- 1/2 Cup of Brown Rice
- 6 Peppers (Color of your choice)
- 1 tablespoon Worcestershire sauce
- 2 Cups Steamed Spinach
- 1/4 Teaspoon Garlic Powder
- 1/4 Teaspoon Onion Powder
- 1 Teaspoon Italian Seasoning
- 1 Cup Chicken Broth
- Salt & Pepper to taste
- Preheat oven to 350 degrees F (175 degrees C).
- Place the rice and chicken broth in a saucepan, and bring to a boil. Reduce heat, cover, and cook 20 minutes. In a skillet over medium heat, cook the chicken until evenly cooked on both sides. Steam spinach.
- Remove and discard the tops, seeds, and membranes of the bell peppers. Arrange peppers in a baking dish with the hollowed sides facing upward. (Slice the bottoms of the peppers if necessary so that they will stand upright.)
- In a bowl, mix the chicken, cooked rice, black beans, steamed spinach, Worcestershire sauce, garlic powder, onion powder, salt, and pepper. Spoon an equal amount of the mixture into each hollowed pepper. Sprinkle Italian seasoning over the stuffed peppers and top with provolone cheese slices. (I did 2 slices because I'm a cheese lover)
- Bake 1 hour in the preheated oven until the peppers are tender.
**due to my hubby and his GERD issues, I omitted tomato sauce from this recipe.
Here is a peek of what's on the inside! And voila! It was super simple, uber delicious, and great for my waistline! Happy eating. Let me know how it went for you if you decide to try your hand at this meal! More recipes to come so make sure you hit the follow button!