Hey y'all! *insert wave here* I'm that girl that gets on your nerves posting pictures of food and never invites you over. (Sorry, I do make invitations though). And for the record, if you see me on social media and I say come on over and grab a plate, I really do mean it! However, the food goes fast around these parts. The A-Team is growing and has 5 members not including myself and dad.
But today, I made three meals and all of them were southern cooking type meals the family asked for. I, on the other hand cannot partake as I am changing my lifestyle. Which leads me to why I made this post in the first place. I needed a healthy option that was flavorful, but not filled with those uber calories that love to turn into stubborn fat on my tummy and hips. Therefore, I opted for the Parmesan encrusted chicken over a bed of lemon vinaigrette tossed arugula. So here's the recipe:
Prep Time 15 minutes Cook 15 minutes Ready In 30 minutes
- 2 Chicken Breast (tenderized)
- 1 Cup Panko Breading Mix
- 1/4 Cup Parmesan Cheese (Optional for dairy-free dietary restrictions)
- 2 Cups Arugula
- 1 Egg
- 1/4 Cup of Milk (Almond Milk as a non-dairy option)
- Parsley Flakes
- 2 Table spoons Extra Virgin Olive Oil (EVOO)
- 1 Lemon
- 1/4 TeaspoonFresh Pepper
- Fresh Herbs (Optionals)
- 1 Tenderizer
- I made 2 Chicken breasts and I beat them with a meat tenderizer inside of a sandwich bag to keep the germs from flying around my kitchen.
- Then I made my crust mix: 1 cup of panko breading and 1/4 cup of Parmesan cheese bits with a little parsley.
- Next up I wished up a little egg and milk to dust the chicken in (1 egg 1/4 cup of milk)
- Wash chicken breasts on both sides in the egg and milk bath
- Then cover each breast in the panko cheese breading
- Place both breasts in fryer pan ( I fry with EVOO on medium heat)
- Cook on both sides until golden brown
- While the meat is frying I make the arugula salad which is SUPER simple
- Salad dressing is one half lemon freshly squeezed and mixed with 2 tablespoons of EVOO mixed with a couple cracks of fresh pepper. (Yes, I said crack! It makes that sound as you turn the dial!) Mix well before mixing in the arugula
- Take the bowl of arugula and mix with the dressing
- Place arugula tossed and place on plate
- Place the chicken over the bed after it has been drained from frying.
- Here's a pic that got me in trouble on my personal Facebook page: